State and Local Law & Government Websites*
*Does not include Minnesota, does include U.S. Territories.
Links on this page verified 4/2016. Direct feedback on this page to email@example.com
General Starting Points
- State Resources: State Govt. & Legislative Info (WashLaw Web - Washburn Univ. School of Law)
- State Legislatures, State Laws and State Regulations: Website Links & Phone Numbers
(Law Librarians' Society of Washington, D.C. - Legislative Research SIS)
- State Legislative History Guides on the Web
A collection of links to guides available on the web compiled by the Univ. of Indiana Bloomington, Law Library.
- NBER/Maryland State Constitutions Project
This website portal compiles the texts of the state constitutions of the United States (almost 150 state constitutions and roughly 12,0000 amendments). The texts may be searched by state, article number, and section number. You may also view any schedules or preambles associated with a particular state constitution.
- State Government Information Links to Meta-Indexes and individual states, (Library of Congress)
- State Online Legal Information (AALL)
AALL and chapter volunteers researched primary legal materials in their states to determine if online legal materials are trustworthy and preserved for permanent public access. Information is provided about the online Administrative Code, Administrative Register, Statutes, Session Laws, High Court Opinions and Appellate Court Opinions in all 50 states and the District of Columbia in the following categories: Official status, authentication, preservation, permanent public access, coyright, universal citation.
- National Governors Association
- National Association of Secretaries of State
- National Conference of State of Legislatures (NCSL)
- NCSL Research
"NCSL conducts policy research in a variety of areas ranging from agriculture and budget and tax issues and education to health care and immigration and transportation." Access NCSL research, reports, newsletters and databases from this section.
- Hieros Gamos Compliation of U.S. States (Hieros Gamos)
State Courts: Opinions, Information & Associations
- National Center for State Courts (NCSC)
"The National Center for State Courts is an independent, nonprofit court improvement organization founded at the urging of Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Warren E. Burger. He envisioned NCSC as a clearinghouse for research information and comparative data to support improvement in judicial administration in state courts." Includes a directory of state court web sites.
Administrative Codes & Registers
- Municipal Codes Provides text of some municipal codes and ordinances arranged by state. Keyword search of multiple codes available. (Municipal Code Corporation)
- Municipal Codes on the Internet Provides text of some municipal codes and ordinances arranged by state. Search engine provided. (General Code Publishers)